Protocol against racism in football
PROTOCOL OF PROCEEDINGS AGAINST RACISM, XENOPHOBIA AND INTOLERANCE IN THE FÚTBOL
In Madrid, 18 March 2005
aware of the role of sport in our society, its role of social integration, promoting diversity, education and contribution to public health, as well as the values that emanate from the same, such as mutual respect, tolerance, sportsmanship and non-discrimination of people;
determined to develop properly the enormous potential of football to reject and actively combat any conduct outrageous, discriminatory or otherwise offensive, contrary or intimidating towards ethnic communities or its members;
convinced of the need to deepen cooperation between institutions and actors involved in the pursuit of that sport develops in an environment in which is guaranteed freedom, security, justice and respect for human dignity;
considering that racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and intolerance are phenomena which constitute a serious threat to sport and their ethical values, urges comprehensive measures designed to prevent and eradicate of football these despicable manifestations;
determined to avoid that football can be used by racist, xenophobic and violent as a speaker for deplorable behaviour; and committed to take steps required to reject and actively combat any conduct outrageous, discriminatory or otherwise offensive, contrary or intimidating towards ethnic communities or its members;
express an outright rejection and condemnation acts openly racist, xenophobic, intolerant and violent, and any attempt to legitimization, justification or trivialisation of so serious behaviors.
To this end, have agreed to accept and freely undertake this commitment and, under the same, are required to guarantee, to meet and, in its case, to demand the following steps:
PREVENCIÓN MEASURES AND PROTECCIÓN FÍSICA INTEGRITY AND MORAL OF THE VÍCTIMAS OF RACIST ACTS, AND INTOLERANT XENÓFOBOS IN THE FIELD OF SPORT.
1. The signatories commit themselves topromote, promote and develop prevention campaigns of racism in football, initiatives or joint actions of dissemination of this kind of actions, as well as formulas of accession or support alternatives.
2. The Real Spanish football Federation, the National football League Professional and the association of Spanish Footballers undertakes to develop and publish a jointGuide of proceedings against racism in football, which will be the greatest diffusion, and compile on initiatives developed by federations, associations, leagues and football clubs, both in Spain and in other countries.
3.Spanish Footballers association undertakes to circulate the protocolamong its partners, encouraging between the same behaviors support solidarity towards those compañeros who are victims of racist, xenophobic or intolerant.
4. The Real Spanish football Federation, the National football League Professional and clubs or organizers of football matches undertakes to take aAction Plan against racismbased on the present document, which will be the subject of an adequate diffusion and containing:
to)internal disciplinary measuresclubs, that apply to your staff, partners, subscribers and / or customers causing incidents of racist, xenophobic or intolerant in sport;
(b)awareness-raising measures and sensitizationthe staff (sporting or not) and their fans and supporters, on the serious threat posed by racism, xenophobia and intolerance both for football, as for the values that embodies;
(c)actions to prohibit, eradicate and / or prevent the dissemination- any way or half of messages, symbols and / or content slogans racist, xenophobic or intolerant;
The measures in the plan will be duly publicized and will be an integral part of the legal links undertaken by clubs or organizers with its partners.
5. The clubs undertake todisseminate and explainthrough the megaphone and audiovisual systems the stadium,messages thatclearly:
to) becondemn and rejects any act or racist behaviour, xenophobic or intolerant;
(b) isdignified support and support to victimsracist acts xenophobic or intolerant, as well as their families;
(c) isreport properly disciplinary action to be taken against those who are identified as authorsbehaviors racist, xenophobic or intolerant;
d) will remember the possibilityto avoid the imposition of medidasdisciplinariasagainst the club organizer or mitigate its responsibility, when the participation of fans or attending meetings to locate and identify the perpetrators of racist, xenophobic or intolerant.
6. The Real Spanish football Federation, the league National of Professional Football clubs and the organizers of football matches undertake to apply immediately ceremonial practices-sportsmanship fair play that apply other National football federations in their respective national competitions, as well as UEFA and parties in FIFA
international football (both in competitions of clubs and national teams championships). These practices will include joint exit the pitch of arbitrators and players from both teams and the greeting of all participants before initiating the games and at its conclusion.
7. Clubs and organizers of football matches signatories of this document will obligeban the sale or distribution ofpamphlets, posters, fanzines, stickers orracist any publicationwithin and around the campus. Also undertaketo delete immediately all the graffitiracist, xenophobic or similar content that are carried out in their sports facilities.
8. The signatories agree on the need todelete and remove barriers to participation in sports competitions of amateur athletes foreigners residing in our country, support initiatives intercultural integration through sport and want to lead a process of amending the sports regulations that helps create a more inclusive society and respectful with immigrants.
TheHigher Council of sports and the secretariat of state of immigration and emigration undertaketo promote and encourage a process ofmodification of sports regulations to enable the participation of foreign sports fans who are residing in our countryin the same conditions as nationals.
The adoption of this measure will be extended to all the sports modalities, shall be without exceptions in lower levels and can be modulated or adapted in the other categories of the competition, depending
competing particularities in each sport.
The High Council of sports and the secretariat of state of immigration and emigration undertake to monitor and analysis of the impact of this measurein collaboration with sports entities, in order to assess the
convenience for additional measures to promote intercultural integration through sport practice.
The undersigned invite other public or private entities to adopt such a policy on the admission of foreign athletes in amateur sports competitions.
9. The Real Spanish football Federation undertakes to propose to the UEFA the introduction ofanti-racist behaviour of fansas a parameterfor the classification in international competitions based onFair play.
10. The Higher Council of sports, the Real Spanish football Federation, LigaNacional of Professional Football clubs and they areprovide economic strength to finance the realization of prevention programmes of racism in football and interculturality.
11. The Technical Committee of Arbitrators, as a representative of all football Referees, supports the inspiring lines of this document and adheres to the principles underpinning it. The Real Spanish football Federation wantReferees continue to actively contribute to the prevention of this phenomenon and can act decisively before these deplorable behaviour. To this end, the Real Spanish football Federation provide the following guidelines or instructions in arbitration:
to) Will instruct the Arbitrators forarbitration records reflect, specifically, all kinds of insults or racist incidents in which take part both participants and the public. Furthermore, and gradually, there will be the forms and records models to reflect this incident.
(b) Thestay or momentary interruption parties behaviour where occur racist, xenophobic or intolerant- as labor again will be a reserved power arbitrators.
(c) When the umpires make use of the faculty provided in the preceding paragraphthe organizer will to transmit- through the megaphone and audiovisual systems of estadio-messages that condemn this type of behaviourand to urge attendees to observe behaviour respectful with all participants.
d) When the umpires consider that the insults or behaviour racist, xenophobic or intolerant are of the utmost gravity,and before the decision to suspend the party, run out tracks aimed at achieving to continue its celebration. In this sense, consult on whether to adopt such a decision to the captains of both teams and commanders of forces and Security forces deployed, and sorted to the organizer to disseminate - through the megaphone and audiovisual systems of estadio- agreeing to the suspension should continue the incidents in question.
12. The Real Spanish football Federation and itsNational Committee of coaches support measures that contains the present document and undertake to divulge themamong the coaches, inviting all coaches to observe behaviour patterns reflected in this document and to instil among players under its technical direction the observance of this Protocol.
13.amateur organizations undertake to promote adherence to this protocol between subscribers, partners, supporters and their peñas. To this end, Hobbies United, association currently integrates groupings of rocks and fans of Spain undertakes:
to)Include in its statutes forecasts of the protocol, extending it to all federations of peñas integrated into their National Association, and promote its adoption by all the peñas lawful or validly created.
(b) not to admit or, in their case,eject organizations of fans for breaching the obligationsand incorporated in the protocol.
(c)Actively disseminating the protocol between fans, subscribers, partners, supporters and their peñas.
LOCALIZACIÓN MEASURES AND CONTROL OF PARTICIPANTS IN RACIST INCIDENTS, XENÓFOBOS, INTOLERANT AND VIOLENT IN THE FÚTBOL.
Aware that prevention measures of racism and other violent behaviour are necessary, but not sufficient, to the eradication of this scourge, and the best service that must be made to both victims of this type of abuse, and their families, it is locate and punish offenders, the signatories agree on the need to move and complete measures currently applied to the identification of potential transgressors, so it undertakes to take the following initiatives:
Public authorities, the Interior ministry and forces and the security of the state undertake:
14.Optimize the use of video cameras and video surveillance systemsto help identify the cause of incidents racist, xenophobic or intolerant.
15. Introduce aSpecific intervention Plan to prevent and suppress outbreaks of racism, xenophobia and intolerance in professional football. The implementation of this plan, which will be progressively may be extended to other competitions and include:
to) a relationship orenumeration of the problems, difficulties and operational limits or logistical, which raises the current system of prevention of violence in sporting events to articulate initiatives of location, control and repression of outbreaks of racism in football.
(b) Thedevelopment of a specific information system that could capture amap, providing data at the national level on the entity of incidents, its territorial distribution and location in the facilities of the cause of such incidents.
(c) the design and implementation, in collaboration with the Real Spanish football Federation, the league national of Professional Football clubs and the organizers of football matches,special training actions aimed at coordinators of security and responsible of private security of sports organisations.
d)The promotion of international cooperationin this area, favoring initiatives that at international level may arise, through the existing channels and forums.
e) TheNational Office sports the General Direction of the police will follow up specific on the degree of implementation of the Planso what compile quarterly reports, semi-annual and annual.
16.public authorities undertake to put at the disposal of football clubs the technical means and resources currently availablewherever possible,so that sports organisations closed may take internal disciplinary measurescompared to its partners, partners, subscribers and / or clients involved in incidents of racist, xenophobic or intolerant and, in general, in acts violating regulations sobreprevención of violence at sports events.
17. The Real Spanish football Federation, the league National of Professional Football clubs and the organizers of football matches undertaketo intensify actions to detect the display of symbolism and identification of the cause of trespasses racist, xenophobic and intolerant; working and actively participating in the location of the same and measures of protection and moral reparation for victims of racist offences.
18. The Real Spanish football Federation, the league National of Professional Football clubs and the organizers of football matches will establish aspecific information system which allows to know the distribution by clubs and the location in the stadiums of participants in incidents of racist, xenophobic and intolerant.
19.The Real Spanish football Federation and the national football League Professional will develop a quarterly report of each of the clubs of 1st and 2nd Division, which shall be made to the information contained by the arbitrators in the records of parties and, fundamentally, with the data collected and reflected by the delegados-informadores of the Spanish Federation of Real
Football, in whose reports are will contain a specific section devoted to incidents of racist.
20. To assist identification and localization of potential causing incidents of racist, the Real Spanish football Federation and the National football League would Professionalenabling policy changesfor sports disciplinary bodies involved in matters of this nature cansoften or exonerate clubs and organizers, when the collaboration and participation from the audience is decisive for the location and identification of perpetrators racist, xenophobic or intolerant.
REPRESIÓN MEASURES AND SANCIÓN OF RACIST INCIDENTS, XENÓFOBOS, INTOLERANT AND VIOLENT IN THE FÚTBOL.
Public authorities, convinced of the need to understand specifically the phenomenon of racism in football within the design and implementation of a policy of repression of violence at sports events, undertake:
21.Rigorously implement the current regulations of public orderthat allows Suppress and Punish properly outbreaks of racist or xenophobic and intolerance occurring in sport.
22. Promotelegislative reforms that are needed to establish, with the specificity that deserve, outbreaks of racism, xenophobia and intolerancethat may appear in sports events.
23. IncludeSuppression and punishment of the racist incidents in the areas of focus on prevention devicesof laviolencia in sporting events.
24. Ensure that disciplinary bodies of theReal Spanish football Federation and the national football League Professional applied inflexibly disciplinary rules that qualifies as very serious offences acts, behaviour or offences racist, xenophobic and intolerantwithin the framework of the provisions of Article 76 of the law of sport.
Allsports organizations in general and clubs in particular undertakes to take internal disciplinary measures against its partners, subscribers and / or clients involved in incidents racist, xenophobic or intolerantand, in general, in acts violating the rules on prevention of violence at sports events. To this end, are required to:
25. Set ascondition or requirement necessary to obtain creditsseasonal or other titles to allow regular access to stadiums,that their holders or holders are not sanctioned by participating in incidents of racist, xenophobic or intolerantand, in general, in acts violating the rules on prevention of violence at sports events.
Such forecasts are included in the sale conditions entries.
26.Include in their house rules, or in documents or legal titles that regulate the rights and duties of its partners, subscribers and / or customers,rules for the power of organizations of the eventfor:
to)Prevent access and / or eject the compound to beguiling, participate or who have participated in incidents of racist, xenophobic or intolerantand, in general, in acts violating the rules on prevention of violence at sports events.
(b)Cancel the season ticketsor other titles to allow regular access to the stadiumswhen their owners or holders are punished by participating in incidents of racist, xenophobic or intolerantand, in general, in acts violating the rules on prevention of violence at sports events.
27.Disseminate properly and specific internal disciplinary measuresthat the organizer can take offthe cause of incidents racist, xenophobic or intolerant. This dissemination will be achieved through:
to) the insertion of billboards in the compound;
(b) the inclusion of specific reference on the back of the entries;
(c) the display and dissemination of audiovisual messages through the devices of these features available in each compound.
28.Take legal action against the headlines or owners of web pagesusing signs or distinctive elements of the clubs in combination with messages and / or symbology racist, xenophobic or totalitarian.
29. Exercise or promote the realization oflegal action against those whofor any form,used or display in public places signs or distinctive elements of the clubs in combination with messages and / or symbology racist, xenophobic or totalitarian.
30. Clubs or organizers undertake toremove, depriving or not grant advantages, benefits and privilegesotherto fans involved in incidents racist, xenophobic or intolerant. This action will be extended to those involved in the dissemination - any way or half of messages, symbols and / or content slogans racist, xenophobic or intolerant; well act in isolation, or so in coordination and / or together with others, form or not unit of action, grouping or group, and are regularised or not.
31. Public authorities undertake, in collaboration with the private sports organizations and the rest of the signatories,move the process of regularization of the swollen associative.
The signatories undertake to actively work to achieve aplicaciónefectiva steps listed in this document to remove obstacles to its implementation and to ensure compliance.
Likewise, agree to entrust the monitoring and control of the obligations and duties reciprocally assumed by the signatories toObservatory of racism, xenophobia and violence in sport,created within the National Commission against violence at sports events, to whom will communicate any breach or incidence of which they are aware that hinders the adoption and implementation of commitments.
In Madrid, 18 March 2005